The second part of Fassbinder's epic, first aired on German TV in 1980, and part of the year-long Iain Sinclair 70x70 season. See Saturday 9th Nov post here for full introduction.
Programme There are two opportunities to see the full Berlin Alexanderplatz programme: on the weekends of 9/10 and the 16/17 of November 2013.
11am - 1.30pm
1) The Punishment Begins
2) How is One to Live if One Doesn’t Want to Die?
2.15pm - 5.15pm
3) A Hammer Blow to the Head Can Injure the Soul
4) A Handful of People in the Depths of Silence
5) A Reaper with the Power of Our Lord
6pm - 8pm
6) Love Has Its Price
7) Remember — An Oath can be Amputated
11am - 2pm
8) The Sun Warms the Skin, but Burns it Sometimes Too
9) About the Eternities Between the Many and the Few
10) Loneliness Tears Cracks of Madness Even in Walls
2.45pm - 4.45pm
11) Knowledge is Power and the Early Bird Catches the Worm
12) The Serpent in the Soul of the Serpent
5pm - 8pm
13) The Outside and the Inside and the Secret of Fear of the Secret
14) My Dream of the Dream of Franz Biberkopf by Alfred Döblin, An Epilogue
Berlin Alexanderplatz, dir Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 1979/80
This screening is part of Iain Sinclair's 70x70 project in which the author curates a season of 70 classic films throughout his 70th birthday year.