Capital Celluloid 2013 - Day 100: Wed Apr 10

Night of the Trailers plus Get Crazy (Arkush, 1983): Prince Charles Cinema, 9pm

Here is an introduction to tonight's entertainment from Alex Kidd:Night Of The Trailers started in early 2012 as a spin-off from the other film night I co-host: The Duke Mitchell Film Club, where I’d been putting together obscure trailer compilations for 5-years. Realising I was never going to be able to show all the amazing discoveries I’d been making I created Night Of The Trailers to be able to blow people’s minds with these obscure, entertaining and downright bizarre film trailers I’d unearthed. Night Of The Trailers 35MM Edition now takes all that to another level as I’m bringing you an evening of original cinema mayhem. We’ll be starting the night with 40-minutes of 35MM vintage trailers and adverts including lots of British cinema adverts you might remember from the 70s and 80s along with plenty of obscure trailer finds plus a few old favourites. Then we’ll be screening the little-seen Get Crazy (1983) in 35MM, this chaotic music comedy is unlike anything else you’ve ever seen, it never stops moving and you have no idea what’s going to happen next. Don’t miss this one-off chance to catch it on the bigscreen along with our full supporting show of trailers; I’ll also be introducing everything on the night!

Here is an extract from Get Crazy

And you can find the trailer here.

No comments: